Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Grace Trinity United Church of Christ began in July 1996, when a small group of individuals joined Dr. Soans to establish a new church. After much prayer and discernment, the place chosen for ministry was Frankford. We inherited a property that was once Frankford Congregational Church that was on the verge of closing down. This place was intentionally chosen with the purpose of bringing transformation and healing to the neighborhood. It was a big challenge for a new church to start to deal with these problems. But God is faithful and soon added people who shared this vision and faith. Today, the evidence of the transformation is clearly evident in the neighborhood. Today, it is a vibrant congregation, with around 180 members ably led by Rev. Dr. Soans and Rev. Jonathan Bangera.
Our Church exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
Reaching our community and beyond with the good news that Jesus saves (Luke 15, 19:10)
Teaching believers through the Bible how to love God and love their neighbors as themselves (Col. 1:28; Matthew 22:37-40)
Sending those believers back out into the world to share with others the story of how Jesus saved them (Rom. 10:13-15; Acts 1:8)
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
How we do ministry
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Contemporary Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Small Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership